I had the week off with the boys last week so we did a few things we don’t usually do. I took the boys to the cinema on Monday and on Wednesday we went to Flip Out in Glasgow. Ethan finally got the break in the weather he needed to hit the golf course on Friday for his review with the club pro. Be interesting to see what he has to work on over the winter. Of course whatever Ethan is doing, Drew wants to do as well, so he starts his golf academy next weekend! Looking forward to seeing him do as well as Ethan.
As enjoyable as the week was, it isn’t always a bad thing to get back to work.
- Kevin Cadle, former Sky Sports NFL presenter, dies aged 62 - Saddened to hear that Kevin Cadle passed away at the start of the week. He was a great presenter to watch on game day and loved by many NFL UK fans. He will be missed.
- HURRY SLOWLY is a podcast about pacing yourself, hosted by Jocelyn K. Glei - Another one for the podcast list.
- How to Podcast Daily - I’ll never have a podcast (no-one would understand the accent) but if podcasting is of interest to you, then this collection of quotes by CJ Chilvers might help.
- 25 Blogs Guaranteed to Make You Smarter - I made Kurt’s list again! Always a pleasure to be ranked amongst such great company.
- All five living former US presidents make rare appearance together - A rare appearance but united they all are in being able to help those in need.
- Alphabet’s Sidewalk Labs strikes deal to turn 800 acres of Toronto into an ‘internet city’ - Always great to see my second home being an innovative place for new tech.
- The new MacBook keyboard is ruining my life - Perhaps Twitter should stop with the quest for thinner MacBooks and start building more robust MacBooks again. I had the black MacBook for years and even then I sold it still in great condition to trade move up to a MacBook Pro.
- Mastodon 2.0 - I’m not on Mastodon and probably never will be, but it’s great to see it gaining users and momentum.
- The return of the weblog - My weblog remains a work of joy and that’s why I love writing on it as often as I can.
- Seth’s Blog: Read more blogs - Need more convincing about why the weblog is a great multi-purpose tool? Read Seth’s thoughts on it.
- Windows of New York - A weekly illustration to the many windows around New York.
- Feedbin Notifier 1.1 - An app that notifies you? Not as crazy as you might think. An excellent way of getting better notifications from the feeds in your Feedbin account.
- The Todo Institute - A completely different approach to mental health based on Eastern philosophy.
- One person’s history of Twitter, from beginning to end - Twitter the hate machine.
- Aidin Vaziri on Twitter: “We now basically live on a planet from Star Wars” - Definitely has a Star Wars feel to it.
- AlteredQualia on Twitter: “Modern China looking cyberpunk (Beijing, Chongqing, Xiamen, Beijing) https://t.co/1ZAP42nofV” - And another that has a distinct Coruscant look about it.
- Marvel Studios’ Black Panther - Another new part of the MCU we get to see. Ant-Man and Spider-Man have been my favourites so far, but looking forward to this one as well.